Tuesday, January 4, 2011

NYFW: Marc Jacobs Fall/ Winter 2010/ 2011

Generally I like Marc Jacobs’s designs, especially for Louis Vuitton. But this collection unveiled at New York Fashion Week was something I could not expect. The outfits that critics received so warmly didn’t impress me at all.



Of course I wouldn’t be right to say that everything looked horrible – some items were pretty and elegant. However, most of the outfits looked unflattering. The inspiration must have been retro fashion as we see lots of pieces that remind us about the last century. And those socks with shoes are a clear return to the old styles.




The use of fur was scanty but if it was it was huge. Enormous sleeves and collars didn’t make the models look feminine.
What I really loved were the gloves – perfect, well-fitting, above-the elbow designs.
















No comments:

Post a Comment